Thursday, October 6, 2011

Better For My HEART Cake???


I found this interesting recipe clipping tucked between the pages of an old cookbook.
The picture itself was rather off-putting to me ...
Cakes, with their sugar, butter, processed flours ... are so way off limits for me and my HEART!

Then I started reading the ingredients for this cake.
Whole wheat flour ... wheat bran cereal ... very little sugar ...

My sweet tooth may have the final say on this one ...
And maybe my heart will thank me???

If I do try this recipe, I will let you know if it really is as good as it sounds!
Without the maraschino cherries, though. I hate those things. I have a jar of regular canned cherries somewhere, don't I????

In the meantime, I'm going to go out on a limb today ... and while this post doesn't have a heart photo/art/poem/etc ... it is still heart conscious - and I am therefore going to link up with Guest Heart Thursday!!! To see hearts from around the world, visit "Random Hearts" - and share YOUR heart on Guest Heart Thursday!!!


3 comments:

Laura said...

works for me Clytie...I hope you are feeling ok.

Beth Niquette said...

I FOUND a heart, Sissy! It's in that black scroll work in the background. (grin) I'm sure you sensed their presence. (grin)

Unknown said...

I bet it would be quite pretty with strawberries.